Suntuitive's adaptability means the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) varies between 0.32 and 0.13 depending on the intensity of the sun.
Unlike permanent dark tints, Suntuitive lets the sun in when it's needed and blocks it when it's not, for better insulated buildings.
Suntuitive's dynamic tint ability adjust the light transmission depending on the sun's position, negating the need for blinds or overhangs.
Suntuitive manages a building’s changing needs for passive solar heat gain and natural daylight to lower heating, air conditioning and artificial lighting loads.
Suntuitive's best feature is the ability to adjust the Visible Light Transmission (VLT) from 54-11% as needed over the day.
Suntuitive completely blocks UV light, for the most superior fade protection.
Dynamic Glass In Action
The below cafe shows how the glass adapts it’s tint according to the position of the sun. In the morning the glass is at its clear state, allowing full natural light. In the afternoon only the window facing the sun is at full tint to block excessive heat gain and in the evening it returns to clear.
Time of day Vs Light Transmission (VLT)
Glazing that is efficient in one season might not be efficient in another. The same principle applies for different times of the day when the sun position and intensity changes.
The below diagram shows how regular glazing with fixed performance can cause the room to flood with too much daylight, heat, and glare at certain times of the day. As you can see, dynamic glazing adjusts room illuminance as needed to ensure only the right amount of light and heat is entering the building throughout the day.
- Available in many glazing configurations and glass colours/types
- Retrofit, replacement and new construction in both commercial and residential applications
- Vertical or sloped glazing, curved or shaped
- Combine with the best Low-E coating in an IGU for unprecedented performance
Typical IGU Assembly
- Access to natural light is proven to improve productivity and morale
- Improved health and less absenteeism due to less artificial lighting and temperature control
- More heigenic than blinds
- Patients recover quicker with access to natural light
- More practical than blinds
- Patrons more comfortable thanks to less artificial light and temperature control
- Lower energy bills
- Students proven to concentrate better with access natural light
- Less spread of illness due to less artificial temperature control
- Lower energy bills
Green Star projects
- Potential points for ‘Innovation’
- Gain points for ‘access to natural light’
- Energy saving/reduce emissions
A few example glass make-ups shown below. Please contact Glassworks if you require data for a specific make-up that is not represented here.
|Light Transmission||Reflectance||Solar Heat Gain||U-Value|
|Regular tinted IGU|
|Suntuitive® + LoĒ³-366® in an IGU|
6mm LoĒ³-366® Clear
|50 - 11%||8%||32 - 13%||1.35|
Centre of glass calculated using LBNL Window 7.3 based on NFRC 100 environmental conditions
Get in touch
Please note that Glassworks is a glass manufacturer and not a glazier or window supplier. We supply the glass to the industry only.