Optitherm achieves a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) of under 0.60. Compared with 0.71 of a regular clear IGU, despite being just as clear
Optitherm lets in the winter sun and works to reflect escaping heat back in the room during the colder months.
Optitherm boasts a Visible Light Transmission (VLT) figure of 78%, not too shy of regular clear glass plus the added performance benefits.
The ability to ínsulate and light up a building results in far lower energy bills.
- Available on Clear or Grey glass
- Maximum sheet sizes – 4500 x 3200mm
- Double glazed in an Insulated Glass Unit (IGU) on surface 2 or 3
- Can be paired up with LoE-i89 on surface 1 or 4 for unprecedented performance
- Buildings seeking natural light
- Residential builds
- Predominently colder climates
- Southern facing windows
- Price sensitive projects
A few example glass make-ups shown below. Please contact Glassworks if you require data for a specific make-up that is not represented here.
|Light Transmission||Reflectance||Solar Heat Gain||U-Value|
|Regular Low-E IGU|
Centre of glass calculated using LBNL Window 7.3 based on NFRC 100 environmental conditions
Get in touch
Please note that Glassworks is a glass manufacturer and not a glazier or window supplier. We supply the glass to the industry only.